Saturday, March 26, 2005

Addicted

Yes it's true, I am addicted. One day I realized that I needed it. I don't know when the addiction started, but it is true, I am addicted. Addicted to learning and change and being able to create something.

Right now there is a gap in my inner creative charge. I am still learning, working, playing the harp, hardly quilting, not doing stained glass, hardly running and exercising and most definitely still yearning to learn something new and exciting.

There is a special adrenaline rush that comes with learning and doing. It is exciting. It is stimulating. It is addictive. And I am craving that burst of excitement.
Going back to doing what I already know how to do will require a change of attitude to make it continue to be special.

Any ideas? I know, I know, you will probably say something about counting your blessings. But, I do that, regulary. So many blessing and they keep coming every day. And for that I am greatful.

Maybe it is about chi. Chi, chi and more chi. So much chi that it becomes bad chi. Just plain too much chi. I think I will spend this week cleaning and organizing, and throwing out stuff. I have a need to create more breathing room, more space, more room for energy to flow through.

Let's see if the current of energy flows more freely with less stuff in my space.

Caelestia

1 Comments:

At March 28, 2005 at 12:21 AM , Blogger tiaraletourneau said...

Less is more, in so many ways. It's amazing how having less things/stuff/junk in your life enables you to simplify everything. It's as though every object has information or history associated with it, and as you pass it or glance at it, your mind get sucked into those past memories. It clutters up your head with all kinds of "thinks" you don't need.

So junking out your place is a great start. Even just picking a space that will be your space and cleaning that will do a lot. The you can hide in there when you need some peace (my trick)!

Next, I wanted to mention that I don't think you should feel obligated to stick to the projects you have already started. Okay, with the harp, maybe you should just stick to it, you know? But with your other activities, there is absolutely no reason why you can't just do something new for a while.

You can take a short course, commit yourself to writing a children's story, try a yoga class, take Xena to a new training class, do anything you want! Life isn't just about being happy with what you have, it's also about expanding your horizons. You don't have to quit everything you're doing now, but you can add something that really has you interested in favour of something you're not so hot on right now. And if you feel badly about not keeping up with the things you are doing right now, you could always set a deadline for returning to them. Like when I have weeks where I don't feel like doing bodybuilding, I say fine for a week I'll do something else in the mornings (something new) and then starting on day X, I'll start this new program, and I try to get really excited about it by talking it up and reading about it and generally getting inspired. But I don't just force myself to keep going. I do take a break.

I hope all my rambling helps a bit, these are just a few of the tricks I use myself.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home