Saturday, January 22, 2005

Midnight at the Oasis

As my daughter and her husband make their new home in Tunisia, I find myself parched for information about their new life. Three in the morning seems to be the time when I awake and lie in bed unable to extract my mind from its course of wandering. Eventually I drag myself out of bed and wander to the computer, eyes half closed trying to keep out the invasion of light which will eventually lock my mind into full alertness. The pattern is the same, sign on, check their blog, send an email, all the while hoping that at that precise moment they will come on line, and the distance between us will disolve magically. As I wait, I reach for my mug. The camomille tea that lulls my mind back to sleep is warm and soothing. Sipping it slowly allows my mind the time to wander as I stare blankley at the computer. A realization dawns, this is my midnight at the oasis.

Caelestia

1 Comments:

At January 23, 2005 at 1:01 PM , Blogger tiaraletourneau said...

Good to know that you are such a captivated audience for our writing! Congratulations on your new blog; you write very well and I'll be checking it often.

Love you,

Tiara

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home