Thursday, January 27, 2005

Chocolate for Breakfast

It is a dark winter morning with a slight fog settling over the low areas. The air has a frost which causes my lungs to startle and my mind to clear. Climbing into my car I spot the half eaten Lindt chocolate bar sitting in the cup holder. It looks inviting. Of course I need to move it so that I can place my hot soya chai tea in the holder.

Moving the chocolate creates a spell. A sense of attachment. My imagination stirs and I can imagine the taste of the chocolate. I put the car into gear and back out of the driveway. As I turn the next corner it occurs to me that one of my favourite ways to eat chocolate is with a nice warm drink. I reach for my soya drink, take a sip, and then dividing my attention between the road and the chocolate, I begin to unwrap the bar. The chocolate melts in my mouth with a smooth rich flavour.



3 Comments:

At February 1, 2005 at 12:03 AM , Blogger Loren said...

There's a place in Nasr II, about a 10-15 minute walk from where Tiara and I live, that has the most sensational hot chocolate you have ever tasted.

It's made with melted Belgian chocolate - no powder - and is rich with a smooth and satisfying texture...

 
At March 4, 2005 at 7:55 AM , Blogger Loren said...

waiting for another post with baited breath...

 
At March 4, 2005 at 7:56 AM , Blogger Loren said...

waiting for another post with baited breath...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home